La GRAN pantalla is an intergenerational cinematographic meeting space that seeks to dismantle stereotypes about older people through cinema. We look for stories that allow us to generate new readings and discourses about older people, beyond the conventional representations that are usually associated with this stage of life.
The fourth edition of this contest will take place from the 28th of June to the 3rd of July 2022 in the city of Barcelona with a showing in Mollet del Vallès (Catalonia).
La GRAN pantalla is an original idea of elParlante, an organization specialized in the design, implementation, and evaluation of communication strategies. For some years now, elParlante has been developing social projects for older people through theatre, audiovisuals and formal education.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
In this fourth edition we will have a non-competitive section for international feature films and three competition categories for international short films.
The conditions that the works must meet to be eligible are detailed below.
INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM COMPETITION
- Entries will be accepted only as audiovisual works completed as of July 2020 in fiction, documentary or animated categories, produced either in Spain or abroad.
- The main theme of the works should be the elderly people and as far as possible that older people do not reflect the stereotypes that are commonly assigned to them in cinema.
- Short films must have a maximum duration of 30 (thirty) minutes, credits included.
- Works that are not submitted in Catalan or Spanish must be duly subtitled in Catalan or Spanish.
- The works will have to comply with the minimum technical standards.
- The works may not be published on the internet.
Opening: from the publishing of rules and regulations, the 22nd of December 2021.
Closing: the deadline for registrations is on the 10th of March 2022.
NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE
Applications and submission of works will be made only through the associated platform Festhome or FilmFreeway, filling in the data requested by the platform and respecting the rules and regulations of the competition, through the following link:
Those selected will be notified by email during the month of April 2022. The list will be published and the official selection will be disseminated through our website, social networks and media partners.
The works received will not be returned.
The organization reserves the right to select the works that participate in the festival. The selection will be made by the festival’s programming department and competent professionals in the field. The following are excluded from participating:
- Any work directly or indirectly related to a member of the festival organization.
- Any work directly related to any sponsor or media associated with the festival.
- Any work that does not meet the published rules and regulations.
Selected works conditions
The representatives of the works selected in the different categories have the obligation to:
- Send to the provided address by email, copies of the selected work on Blu-ray or file (H264).
- The copies must be in the possession of the festival organization before the 30th of April 2022.
- Any problem with the exhibition format or any other reason, should be communicated to the organization as soon as possible by email: email@example.com
The jury will be made up of people with experience in the cinematographic field.
Members who have a direct or indirect relationship with any of the works in the competition will be excluded from the jury.
The verdict of the jury will be public and known by all the participants and attendees of the festival. It will be published on the festival’s website, on social networks and in media partners. The decisions of the jury will be final.
The organization of the festival has no influence on the decisions of the jury.
The organization reserves the right to include or withdraw prizes according to its criteria. The awards will be announced close to the event.
The winning work in each category will be chosen and awarded as follows:
- Best international short film: 300 euros + statuette + Distribution Pass Festhome
- Special mention of the Jury: 150 euros + statuette
- Audience Award: 150 euros + statuette
The winners will have to include in their future copies and dissemination material, the logo and laurel corresponding to the prize obtained in the contest.
The festival will have the licenses of the short films of the selection for their projection in other itineraries or other activities related to the festival or special educational screenings.
The organization reserves the right to use fragments of the selected films to produce publicity material for the festival.
The organizers reserve the right to modify the event due to force majeure.